Submissions for Review: OPEN (current wait time approx. 2 months)
All review requests should be directed to the contact form at the bottom of the page.
If you would like me to read and review your book, please fill out the contact form with your book’s information and a link to the book on a reputable website such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Goodreads, or something similar (not your own website, though you can include that also). I will read all of the information and if I am interested I will get back to you. I am also willing to assist in other marketing efforts including, author Q&As, interviews, book giveaways, or blog tours. If you have something else in mind let me know and I’ll see what I can do. Thank you!
Book formats accepted: Hardcover, paperback, EPUB and PDF files for ebook (EPUB preferred).
- On occasion I receive books from authors or publishers with the intention that I will read it and review it. I receive no compensation or payment for this other than a free copy of the book. This does not influence my opinion or rating of the book in any way. If I feel that a book deserves 1 star then I am going to give it 1 star regardless of whether I got a free copy or not. When appropriate I will notate in my review where I received the book from.
2. I receive no money for clicking any of the links to my personal writings, nor will you be asked to pay for anything unless I note otherwise. However, the link does count as a page view and I do get paid per page view. At this time I do not have any advertising on this blog, but that may change in the future.
3. I protect all books and materials as if I were protecting my own work. All authors should be made aware that after I am done reading a book, I will post it to a book swapping website so that it can be passed on to another reader free of charge. If I didn’t do this I’d be drowning in books. Ebooks stay in my possession only and will never be passed on to anyone else. If you would prefer that I not pass along a physical copy of the book to anyone else, please let me know and I will make an exception.
1. I reserve the right refuse any request that is received with or without a stated reason. Also, I reserve the right to stop reading, never start reading, or refuse to review your book at any time and for any reason I see fit.
2. If you send me a format that I have not specified above, your book will automatically be removed from my review schedule because it is apparent you did not (or can not) read this review policy. The same rule applies if you neglect to include any of the information requested for the contact form.
3. All reviews are posted to this blog, Goodreads, Amazon, and the Barnes & Noble website under my profile. Copies of the review will also be sent to the author or publisher for use in any marketing efforts. If you have any specific website you would like a review posted to, let me know and I will try to accommodate. Authors and publishers are free to blurb my reviews with appropriate credits given (credited as: Stefani Robinson, Written Among The Stars blog).
4. I make every effort to read and review all books by the time they are published if receiving an ARC. Sometimes life gets in the way and this is not possible. If you require a hard deadline for the review it must be communicated to me in the initial contact so that I can refuse the request if I cannot make the deadline. If a hard deadline is not specified in the initial request, it will be added to my review rotation to be read when I have time.
6. I will not decline to post a review because it is not a positive one. I try to be even handed in what was good and what was bad in all my reviews, even if I didn’t like it so I post all reviews including low rated ones. However, if a review is less than 3 stars then the author or publisher has the option of adding a comment to that review if they feel I made any factual errors that they wish to clarify.